My hubby surprised me with this breakfast for Mother’s Day and it was delicious! He also did a great job picking out ingredients to make this healthy and m’organic (which was a bit of a surprise!). I think it’s a great example of how easy it can be to eat real food and make good choices. You don’t need to be a nutrition expert, or spend all your time in the kitchen, to pick up a few changes along the way and really transform your diet. Continue reading
These are so incredibly delicious they shouldn’t even be called pancakes. They deserve a fancy French dessert name that makes it sound like they took 8 hours to make. Fortunately, you can whip them up in only a few minutes and their vanilla- cinnamon-berry perfection will make even an ordinary Monday taste like a special occasion. Your kids will love them! Continue reading
I made these last night thinking we’d have them for the weekend, and there are only 3 left! They are deeelicious — you may want to make a double batch! Also, you can add anything you like to them it doesn’t have to be blueberries. I’ve used strawberries before and I think smashed bananas, raisins or nuts would be good too.
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine first three ingredients.
- In a medium bowl stir egg, milk, butter and honey together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the blueberries (or whatever fruit/nut you want).
- Pour evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
I woke up this morning craving pancakes. I think I’m already missing the lazy mornings of last week’s vacation. Fortunately, these pancakes are so quick and easy to whip up they can be served for breakfast during the school week –and in my house that means super easy because school day mornings are the craziest time of day.